Monday, July 09, 2012

Book Review: Shadow Kiss

Monday, July 09, 2012

Title: Shadow Kiss
Author: Richelle Meads
Series: Vampire Academy #3
Genre/s: Urban Fantasy, Mystery
Synopsis:
Rose Hathaway knows it is forbidden to love another guardian. Her best friend, Lissa—the last Dragomir princess—must always come first. Unfortunately, when it comes to gorgeous Dimitri Belikov, some rules are meant to be broken...

But since making her first Strigoi kills, Rose hasn’t been feeling right. Something dark has begun to grow in her mind, and ghostly shadows warn of a terrible evil drawing nearer to the Academy’s iron gates. And now that Lissa and Rose’s sworn enemy, Victor Dashkov, is on trial for his freedom, tensions in the Moroi world are higher than ever.

Lying to Lissa about Dimitri is one thing but suddenly there’s way more than friendship at stake. The immortal undead are on the prowl, and they want vengeance for the lives that Rose has stolen. In a heart-stopping battle to rival her worst nightmare, Rose will have to choose between life, love, and the two people who matter most... but will her choice mean that only one can survive?



My Thought:

This is, by far, my most favorite book in the Vampire Academy series.
Here are the reasons why:

1. The characters became more and more relatable and admirable as the story continues. 
Maybe it's just normal that I became familiar with their traits that I now understand their feelings and what they were going through like a friend who always understand and sympathize to their problems, that's how I feel about them. *I'm being so melodramatic, aren't I?

2. More kickass action/fight scenes. That says it all, right? Flying kicks, right hook, uppercut, and other martial arts/ self defense maneuvers, anything, name it, you can read it here.

3. Rose and Dimitri became a couple. Finally! Well, it's not really official but close enough.

4. More revelations about spirit and being shadow-kissed.I don't want to mention any spoiler but Adrian can now heal plants. *Oops, sorry.*

5. And lastly, the ending was phenomenal.Well, it was definitely unexpected. When I read about it, I felt like I'm inside Rose's head asking, how did it happen, why did Dimitri do that, why did he do it. I was so confused and I have so many questions. Usually that is a bad thing if I'm reading a book but this is different. I feel more excited and pumped up to read the next book.

I highly recommend this to anyone but make sure to read the first two books so that you can relate to what is happening in the story.

My Rating: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts about my post. :D

Books for YA! © 2015