Saturday, July 14, 2012

ARC Review: New Firsts

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Title: New Firsts
Author: Diana Gallagher
Genre/s: Children's, Literature & Fiction, Romance, Teens and YA
Series: Claudia and Monica Freshman Girls series
Publisher: Capstone Young Readers
Pub Date: August 01, 2012
Pages: 144

Synopsis:

They've been best friends for years, but when the first week of high school rolls around, Claudia and Monica know things are going to change. Boys, homework, friendships - everything seems to be different from middle school. Can their friendship survive?
My Thoughts:



Warning: This book can cause mild to severe nostalgia. The severity of it depends how well you can still remember your high school days.

This is a story two best friends and their journey towards high school life i.e, first day jitters, boy problems, new school, new environment, new friends and new enemies. I like how Monica and Claudia alternatingly told the story from their point of view, it makes it more intimate and personal. I also like how each POV have this distinct characteristic in them that made it easy for me to distinguish whose POV is it. This made me reminisce my high school day, I'm glad I survived that one. 

It was a short and light read, and I would higly recommend this to kids and teens. Definitely they will learn a thing or two from this best of friends, Monica and Claudia.

My Rating:

Books for YA! © 2015