Friday, July 20, 2012

Filipino Friday #1: Introduction

Friday, July 20, 2012

This meme is created by Filipino Reader Con in accordance with the upcoming 2nd Annual ReaderCon: United We Read. So every Friday, a topic will be posted and all Filipino readers are encouraged to make their own post about that topic. This is the first time I'm going to do this meme, so let's begin. 
 Introductions. As with every start of a weekly meme, we need to know a bit about you! Talk about your top 3-5 (or more!) favorite books of all time, the genres you read and would never read, the books that surprised you this year. You can also talk about how you became a reader and why you love it so much! And finally, if you were in the ReaderCon last year, talk about your experience too! If you weren’t there, but you’re planning to go this year, then what do you expect for the upcoming ReaderCon?

About me and how I became a reader.
I'm Erleen Alvarez, a 4th year student BS Information Technology student. I was really not fond of reading when I was a kid. It bores me to sleep especially long stories. But when I started high school, there's a certain book that captures my attention and that is "Mythology: Timeless Tales of Gods and Heroes by Edith Hamilton". It fascinates me. I never knew that reading could be that much fun until that time. You can travel places without leaving your house. It's like you've entered a portal to another world and that's how I started to became a reader.

Genres I like and dislike:
I like fantasy(because of the mythology), science fiction(because I love science), mystery(because it's mysterious, duh?), thriller(because I like action and fast pace story) and YA(because I'm young and young at heart).
I don't like nonfiction and erotica, enough said.

Top 3 Favorite Books of All Time!

1. Like the Flowing River by Paulo Coelho

2. Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom

3. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver


About ReaderCon 2012
I would love to go to the ReaderCon but I can't. I'm graduating this year and there's so many things to do. So the best thing I could to is to promote it by spreading the word. Goodluck to all the nominees for the Filipino Reader's Choice Awards! :)

Books for YA! © 2015