Monday, December 23, 2013

My Advance Christmas Present to All of You

Monday, December 23, 2013
Hi everyone! Advance Merry Christmas!

I'm sorry if I haven't posted anything this past two weeks. The Christmas spirit brought out my inner procrastinator which resulted in a review slump. But don't worry, I didn't waste all my time watching movies/anime with my siblings. Some of my time was spent drawing/sketching stuff. So since I owe all of you an apology for my sort-of semi-hiatus, I will show you a book-inspired fan-art I created recently.

I got inspired to create this drawing after I received an email from the awesome publicist of Abrams & Chronicles regarding my most anticipated book of 2014. It is not a secret that I'm a huge fan of Splintered by A.G. Howard (read my review here) and I was over the moon when I found out I got approved for Unhinged. The excitement and giddiness from the news gave birth to this fan-art of Morpheus. Here he is in his chibi form.

This is my raw sketch of him. I wasn't planning on coloring it, actually but when I transferred that photo in my laptop, I realize how bland it is. I mean, it wouldn't be Morpheus without his blue hair, dark wings and eccentric outfits, right? So I used my Photoshop skills (which is nothing much to be brag about) to give life to it. What do you think? Did you like his Christmas-themed outfit?

If you didn't like it, here's more matching outfits to choose from.


To be honest, I dont like Morpheus because he's manipulative and cryptic. But despite my dislike of him, I have to admit that he is an interesting bug, I mean, guy with a morbid sense in fashion. I really had a blast drawing him especially his hat. And speaking of hat, I don't know how to draw a top hat adorned with moth and bugs so I just made it a little bit steampunk. It still suits him, don't you think?

Anyway, that's all for now. Fans of Jeb, don't worry. I'll chibi-fy him too and of course, Aly and the other Wonderland characters. 

I will appreciate every comments and constructive criticisms about my drawing so don't be shy to say what you honestly think of it. Okay? Thank you in advance! 

And again, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Books for YA! © 2015